My lovely friend Maureen at She Is Moments nominated me for a Liebster Award. I figured it would make for a fun little Monday post, so here we go!
The Liebster Award in five easy steps:
Link to the blogger who nominated you
Provide answers to the eleven questions you were asked
List eleven facts about yourself
Nominate five blogs with less than 3,000 followers
Ask eleven new questions for your nominees to answer
What a fun way to read new blogs and get to know new bloggers.
Eleven Random Facts:
- I’ve been a vegetarian for almost 5 years. Sometimes I can’t even believe I made it this long because it all started on a whim!
- I was a barista in high school and college and seriously love coffee, but Johnny hates it! He can’t even handle the smell of it. Weirdo!
- I’ve dyed my hair every color possible. Red, black, brown, blonde…I’m actually not sure what my natural color is.
- I’m a terrible driver. Awful.
- I’m terrified of heights, but I love to fly.
- I’m 5’10 and hate jean shopping. It’s the bane of my existence!
- Because I did ballet for so many years, my feet are extra tiney-tiny. At 5’10, I wear a size 8 and sometimes, a 7.5!
- Johnny is my number one reader and reminds me daily of grammar errors. Sometimes I just type too fast and have to much to say that I really just don’t care #sorryimnotsorry.
- I talk really, really fast in real life. Also, I talk A LOT. Sometimes even in my sleep….I never shut up.
- My mom, sister, and I all sounds the same on the phone. We love to trick each other, family and friends. We’re weird.
- I like to get a solid 8 (or 9!) hours of sleep every night or I’m basically worthless. I❤ sleep.
And now, here are Maureen’s questions for me!
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Making friends all over the country (and world!) who have similar interests.
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I take Bentley right outside and feed him. And then drink coffee. Lots and lots of coffee!
3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Cheese!!! I always think about going vegan, then remember I could never give up cheese.
4. What is your favorite day of the year and why?
Christmas Eve. I always thought it was so magically as a little kid and I still love going to our church lit up with candles, then enjoying tons of food and drinks with family! It’s the best.
5. Who knows you the best out of everyone in your life?
Johnny for sure, but my sister is a close second!
6. What would you say is your biggest accomplishment and why?
Being a wife. It sounds so cliche, but I never imagined my life would turn out the way it has so far. I really love my husband and the life we are creating together and I’m really proud of our relationship.
7. Do you like where you currently live? Or do you hope to move somewhere else?
We’re currently house hunting, so we’ll hopefully be moving soon! However, I don’t think I’d ever leave Pittsburgh. I love this city too much!
8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I guess zip-lining in Costa Rica! It’s was terrifying, but a total blast!
9. How have you grown since January 2013?
Let’s see….I’ve gotten a promotion at work and have continued to work really hard. I’ve also been running/working out a lot more this year. So, I’d say I’ve been taking better care of myself!
10. You suddenly find yourself in a superhero film. What is your superhero power and superhero name?
Hmm… I think I’d love to fly or read minds. I don’t know what my name would be!
11. What is your favorite blog to read? (You can only pick one… this one is really hard!)
Eek, I don’ know! I guess I’d say Healthy Tipping Point because it was the first blog I started to read and still love Caitlin’s real approach to fitness, health and life in general.
Ok, your turn!! Answer one (or as many as you want!) of the questions above! And Happy Monday!!